Saturday, April 23, 2016

Teatime Stamping

Hello!




Sharing a few pictures of a recent class with a favorite group of ladies.  I decided a spring morning tea and stamping was the thing for April and especially when I found the cute plates and napkins.  Thought it mixed well with the tea cups and saucers I already owned.  Fresh blooms from the yard along with tulips from the market kept things very springy.   Wished I had taken a better picture but as usual, my iphone was on hand at the moment.



Found this pretty non-SU! paper from Echo Park at a local scrapbook/papercraft shop and did all our projects with this along with SU! cardstock.  

First up is this cute little Tea Bag Pouch.   Inspiration for this came from Laura's Creative Moments, a stamper from the Netherlands.  Her treat holder was made using 12x12 cardstock, done in metric measurements and was a bit more embellished on the inside.  I simplified mine and used 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.   



Love SU!'s A Nice Cuppa stamp set and the Cups and Kettles Dies!  Treat holder used crumb cake cardstock, the Echo Paper floral dsp and a gingham dsp from Pebbles, Inc.  Little flowers are pool party and the heart steam is blushing bride cs.




The pouch actually could hold a couple more tea bags and/or another cookie.  
Here's written instructions I did for myself to create the holder and the inside box in US measurements and using 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.  The inside box was modeled after Helene den Breejen's holder and you can see her's HERE.  I fiddled with the size of mine to suit my needs.    






I temporarily have a clothespin to hold this together for the photo.  For the one above, I used my crop-o-dile to punch a small hole through both panels together and then tied it closed with some burlap twine from the Dollar Store and a spoon from the Cups and Kettles Die in crumbcake cardstock.  


The little clothespin would be cute embellished.  May try that with this sample.   Next up,  I'll share the rest of projects we did including the little tea bag holder in the above pictures.  

Thanks for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!