Friday, September 16, 2011

Pumpkin Time

It's been awhile since I posted anything stitchy related.  This little piece I've had stashed in my finished project drawer since last fall and never got around to framing it.  Since Autumn is just around the corner, I thought it was time to pull it out and see if I can find the perfect little frame for it.  It measures 4 1/4 square so I'm hoping to find a 5 x 5 frame for it.   (You can click on the images for a larger picture.)

 




This pattern is from Little House Needleworks thread pack series called Fruits.  It includes the pattern and overdyed threads to complete the piece. 

As I said before, Autumn is my most favorite season.  I've started adding some fall decor around the house and looking forward to getting some real pumpkins to make some topiaries for my front door.  The weather here has turned a bit cooler (in the high fifties!); just enough to tease us into thinking it's fall already.  We still have a few more warm days ahead of us but, I think we're just about over summer's high heat. 


28ct Natural Linen
Overdyed threads as called for

It's time to see what else I have in my stash that's Autumn related.  I'm in the mood to stitch something fallish!
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish!! I think LHN does a great job with their autumnal designs. I have all of that series and haven't stitched one yet--I definitely need to get going on it!

    I just followed you on Pinterest--it is addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!