Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bucket of Apples

Finally September has arrived!  With it, my thoughts starts turning to all things Fall, my favorites season, although Summer is still very much with us.  September brings us apple season and here's a little card with a bucket of overflowing green apples.
   


This image is from SU!'s Give Thanks set, an old one but still one of my favorites.  I used an aquapainter to coloring in the image using classic ink pads, Spellbinders large scallop and plain Nestibilities along with the Swiss Dot embossing folder (used partially on kraft cardstock).  A strip of Candy Apple Gingham Daisyd's paper was punched on the edge with a scallop border and placed underneath the image.  A little bit of red grosgrain tied in a bow is the last finishing embellishment. 

Card measures 4x4 and has a matching envie made by trimming off one end of a sealed standard kraft A2 envelope (by SU!) then adhearing a strip of the ginham paper, cut to size, to make the flap. 

So happy to have a 3 day weekend!  We have no plans to go anywhere but, after having a VERY busy week, I am happy to be just at home with my boys!  Maybe I'll even play with my stamps a bit more!

Enjoy!


Supplies used:
Stamp:  SU! Give Thanks
paper:  kraft cs, real red cs, watercolor paper, dsp
ink:  green galore (retired), basic grey, black stazon, soft sky,  yoyo yellow
accessories: nestibilities, red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, aquapainter,
                               swiss dot embossing folder (cuttlebug), fiskers scallop border

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!