Saturday, December 31, 2011

Winding Down.....

Well.

It's been awhile hasn't it?  Christmas has come and gone and we're on the eve of a New Year.  How about that?!  Time flies when you're having fun! 

Hope everyone Christmas was wonderful.  We definitely had a great one and so enjoyed all the down-time post Christmas brought.  We didn't have any set plans this past week and took things one day at a time.  Enjoyed a date night with the hubs, had some pajama days, and pretty much relaxed.  I caught up on a lot of blogs and can I just admit here that I have a serious addiction to Pinterest?  Oh.my.word.  From organizing, decorating, crafting, cooking, you name it, I've probably pinned it!   So many fun ideas.  Lots of talented people out there sharing their gifts.  

Speaking of gifts, here's the Christmas card I sent out to a few people.  I cased it from the  super talented Vicki  from It's A Stamp Thing.   It did take quite a bit of work and so there weren't that many that were made.  Wished I had photographed some of the other Christmas cards I had made prior to this one, but I was in a hurry to send them out and forgot to.   



No big plans for us tonight.  We are just hanging out at home this evening.  The boys are watching football with dad and I'm going to settle in with my cross stitch.  I've made a start on CCN's monthly series "January" and will post pictures tomorrow. 
Hope everyone has a great evening!
 
 
***Edited to Add***
 
I've had a few inquires to this card as to how the petals were made.  I used Stampin Up!'s Blossom Petals Builder punch, using just the "leaves" of the punch.  You can see it here.
Direct link to Vicki's (who I cased as I explained above) is here.
 


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog (and for agreeing with me....LOL). Your card is absolutely stunning! Wishing you the happiest of new years' blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, your card is gorgeous. Could you please tell me how you did the pointsettia? I have been looking for a cartridge from Cricut that might have something but can't find one anywhere. Thanks.
    Laurie
    email: lketler@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Your card is gorgeous love all the embossing and layout!
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the most gorgeous cards I've seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!