Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Start.....

Here's my new little project for January.  I had high hopes to have this already finished before January arrived.  What was I even thinking?!  Ha!  I received the goods a couple of weeks before Christmas(I ordered from 123stitch--super fast shipping) but I just didn't get a chance to sit down and start it, what with all that needed to be done around here as the holiday approached.  I do most of my stitching at night and most evenings I turned into a pumpkin by 7pm.   And then there were the seventy two snowmen that I embarked on.  That took a little of my stitchy time.  Not too mention handmade cards.

So here's Country Cottage Needleworks monthly series, January



I went with 32ct Lambswool Linen and the recommended colors and threads.




I love how the colors are turning out.  Looking forward to stitching the little house next.

Hope this first day of the new year has been enjoyable for you.  Everyone here is content and I'm getting ready enjoy this:

Pinned Image
via pinterest
And do some of this:


Until next time,

 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Laura, Good job on the new start...I love this design and look forward to stitching the Cottages series...

    Enjoy your day tomorrow....I will be back in the classroom also come Tuesday...Happy New Year!!

    Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, thanks for the comment on my January Cottage post. Your start looks great! I am hoping to finish mine today while watching the Rose Bowl Parade. I have just found your blog and become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty design....I can't wait to see the finished project....linen is so pretty to look at! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura! :)))) How lovely colours! Lovely work *.*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!